“How would you stop bullying in your school?
Create a poster which shows how you would stop bullying in your school.
Use your creative energy and you could win a $100!
But hurry! Contest runs May 1st through May 31, 2014.
Create and design a poster that answers the question.
Take a picture of it and post it to your non-private Instagram account.
You MUST use and tag the picture of your poster with #voiceagainstbullying
Complete the online entry form (below) with your name, Instagram ID, email address and birth date.
You and your parents must read and agree to the Official Contest Rules (read them below)
Voice Against Bullying Poster Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. A NON-PRIVATE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT AND AN INTERNET CONNECTION ARE REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, at the time of entry, a person must be a full-time student in grades 7-12 for the 2013-2014 school year, and a legal U.S. citizen residing and attending school in the U.S. or the District of Columbia. Contest is void in all other jurisdictions, including Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law. The following individuals are not eligible: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of GroupCast, LLC (“Sponsor”) and any of its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies including without limitation web design, advertising, and promotions agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or “step”) and those living in the same households (whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest).
Minors (under the age of 18 or the age of majority in their state) certify by entering that your parent or legal guardian agrees to these Official Rules. By participating, you (or, if a minor or under the age of majority in your state, your parent or legal guardian) agree to these official rules and all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Submissions of persons under the age of majority having a parent or legal guardian that does not consent to entry will be void.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: You may enter the Contest between 12:00:00 pm (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on May 1, 2014 and 11:59:59 pm CT on May 31, 2014 (“Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s computer will be the official time-keeping device of this Contest. After the Contest Period has ended, there will be a Contest Judging Period (“Judging Period”) as detailed in section 5 below, in order to determine Prize Winner.
3. TO ENTER: You will need to use your mobile phone or tablet device to download the Instagram Application (“Instagram Application”) as set out at help.instagram.com. The Instragram Application is free, but is subject to Instagram’s terms and conditions (http://instagram.com/legal/terms/). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with, Instagram.
Entries should only be submitted via the Instagram Application and must be received by end of Contest Period. To enter your poster (“Submission”), complete the following steps:
Go to http://www.voiceagainstbullying.com and complete the online entry form with your name, Instagram ID, and age, and confirming agreement with these Official Rules,
Log onto your Instagram account and ensure that it is not set to “private”.
Follow @voiceagainstbullying on Instagram.
Then, upload a picture of your poster that depicts and/or shows “How would you end bullying in your school?” Poster and picture must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions below.
Add the hashtag #voiceagainstbullying in the caption and post the video to Instagram.
By entering, you warrant and represent that you are the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission and the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties, and you further agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions set forth below. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant who has submitted any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS:
Only one (1) Submission per Instagram account and per person. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
Submission must be primarily in English.
Submissions must deliver a clear message on the topic and should be responsive to the judging criteria described in 5, below.
Submissions must comply with FCC guidelines and regulations, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language.
No trademarks or brands or other intellectual property should appear or be featured in the Submission, other than trademarks or intellectual property owned by Sponsor or original material created and owned by the entrant. Submissions must be free of copyrighted materials owned by third parties. Copyright applies to “original works of authorship,” such as music, paintings, photographs, tables and charts, clip art, movies, newspapers, and books.
Submissions must not include defamatory or libelous material or material which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person other than entrant.
Submissions must not include content or material that is violent, illegal, relates to alcohol, drugs or weapons, contains nudity or is sexually explicit or suggestive, obscene, profane or pornographic, or which features or in any way promotes illegal actions or material.
No content which is abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected class. Specifically this includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs, threats, intimidations, or hostile acts.
Must be socially acceptable, in good taste and project a positive image, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
4. LICENSE GRANT. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the Submission.
5. JUDGING PERIOD: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select one (1) Grand Prize winner having the top score based on the judging criteria from among all eligible Submissions received, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): Creativity/Originality (33%); Quality of Submission, to be judged based on adherence to theme and whether the entrant has offered a thought-out and clearly expressed realistic approach to ending bullying in schools (33%); and Submission Displays Passion (34%).
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for “Submission Displays Passion,” as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable potential winner. If that category is tied, the entrant with the highest score in the Quality of Submission will be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than one (1) Grand Prize winner if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES WILL BE FINAL.
6. WINNER REQUIREMENTS: Potential winner will be notified by e-mail and may also send notification through Instagram. Sponsor will e-mail potential winner on or around June 13, 2014, and send potential winner forms required to confirm the entrant’s eligibility and to containing an assignment and release. Except where prohibited, each potential winner (or such potential winner’s parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Release and Assignment (“Release and Assignment”), to assign ownership in and to the Submission to Sponsor, to provide the original poster of the winner’s Submission, and to confirm winner’s consent for Sponsor to use the winner’s name, screen names, likeness, Submission and other biographical and identifying information and/or prize information for promotional or other purposes, except where prohibited by law. The Release and Assignment must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within 5 (five) days, fails to execute and return the Release and Assignment or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or does not comply with these Official Rules, such potential winner forfeits the prize in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entrants based on the Judging Criteria, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only two (2) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Hundred (00) Dollars ($100.00) cash
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will pay for shipping charges to send the prize to the confirmed winner. Winner is responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use. When required by federal law, Sponsor will report the names of the Winner and the value of the Prize won to the Internal Revenue Service. If requested by Sponsor, the potential Winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the Winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor will select an alternate Winner, based on the judging criteria, from remaining eligible entries.
8. RELEASE: By participation in this Contest, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Instagram, LLC, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, successors, assigns, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or possession, acceptance, receipt or use or misuse of any prize and for any claims based on copyright, trademark, publicity rights, false endorsement or association, defamation, invasion of privacy or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism or any other reason outside Sponsor’s reasonable control.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet or ISP availability, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (5) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (6) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt, possession or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
12. WINNER LIST: For a winner list and a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://www.voiceagainstbullying.com. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
13. SPONSOR. The name and address of Sponsor is GroupCast, LLC 9735 Landmark Parkway, Suite 100, St. Louis, MO 63127.